The ProMOTION EV1 has been researched, designed and developed by Swellaway Limited – the company that Rooney and others from the worlds of sport, medicine and business have all invested in.
- The product has been four years in the making and has been backed by multi-million-pound investment, including from Wayne Rooney and a host of medical professionals
- Rooney will act as brand ambassador with further news to follow on other sports people who will also be following suit.
- The product debuted at the Football Medicine & Performance Association (FMPA) virtual conference, of which ProMOTION were lead sponsors
- Further, ProMOTION have agreed a wider sponsorship of the FMPA generally to showcase the product to the foremost medical professionals in football
- Download the new ProMOTION EV1 advert here – made by Zut Media – which demonstrates exactly how the product works
- Images of the product can be downloaded here
Wayne Rooney has invested in ProMOTION EV1 – a new therapeutic product that enables medical professionals and physiotherapists to support injured athletes back to fitness, faster. Rooney will act as a brand ambassador with others from the world of sport who are set to follow.
The ProMOTION EV1 delivers portable therapy and the ability to monitor progress outside of the physio room. The product delivers targeted temperature and compression control with none of the reduction in muscle strength that can arise from global cryotherapy. It requires no water or ice to function.
The state-of-the-art product, which debuted at the Football Medicine & Performance Association’s (FMPA) 2021 virtual conference has been more than four years in the making.
It has received multi-million pound investment from the likes of Rooney, as well as leading physios, surgeons and other football-focused medical professionals. Science-led protocols and rigorous testing, across a wide range of sports, have been central to the development of the product, which has already won rave reviews.
The ProMOTION EV1 is the first in a range of products being developed by Swellaway Limited and their team. They have worked closely with elite clubs in football, rugby union, rugby league, as well as leading universities and academics such as Manchester Metropolitan and the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan).
Wayne Rooney said: “I have been involved with Swellaway as a founding investor for many years, as the team have continued to develop their technology. I have worked alongside many senior professors and medical practitioners in sports science and medicine to take part in the development and trials required to get the product to where it is today.
"During the course of my career, I could see how the introduction of technology was helping to advance elite level sport. It made absolute sense to me that such technological advancements could be used in the area of treatments for impact and musculoskeletal injuries which would be better served by a product led by science and technology rather than clingfilm and ice!”
ProMOTION were the Lead Sponsor of the Football Medicine & Performance Association (FMPA) – and also supported FMPA members as Platinum sponsor of this year’s Virtual Conference. Delegate members were shown first-hand demonstrations of the product, as well as given pre-order preference in readiness for its launch in the last quarter of 2021, when it goes on general sale.